Epic soft chocolate chip cookies made completely grain-free with a blend of almond flour + coconut flour and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. Not to mention these come together in 20 minutes! Soft chocolate chip cookies are by far my favorite. And baked goods made …
Month: August 2020
These Maple Cashew Butter Cookie Dough Bites are paleo, grain-free, dairy-free, vegan, and take 5 minutes to make! Perfect for a quick sweet treat, as a topping for ice cream, yogurt, and smoothies. Cookie dough cravings are real: Enter these Maple Cashew Butter Cookie Dough …
A veggie-centric dinner with homemade rosemary turkey meatballs served over nutritious spaghetti squash. Ready in under 30 minutes, makes delicious leftovers, and is super easy!
This meatball recipe has been a long time coming. This is a tender meatball infused with a hint of rosemary and a mellow sweetness from a finely diced onion. Then you get a bite of a slightly crisp exterior that can only be achieved by searing/cooking them in avocado oil, making what I claim to be the best turkey meatballs you will have ever had. I am not kidding.
Feel free to serve them over your favorite pasta; I absolutely love whole wheat spaghetti or lentil/chickpea rotini. When I am craving something lighter, I love to use spaghetti squash and I promise it is not as intimidating to cook as it looks!
How to cook spaghetti squash?
It is easy! First, take a sharp knife and puncture/jab the squash (carefully!!). Go about 2-3 inches deep. A fork will not allow enough steam to escape, causing the spaghetti squash to explode in your microwave (trust me, I know from experience). Make about 6 punctures all around the squash.
Then, place the squash on a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for about 15 minutes. Warning, the squash will be super hot once the time is up, so use oven mitts to handle. Carefully cut the squash in half length wise and scoop the seeds out.
Using a fork, scrape the inside of the squash, it should resemble spaghetti. And there you have it! A plate of nutrient packed squash awaiting the rosemary turkey meatballs and your fork.
Please let me know if you give this one a try or if you have any questions!
Rosemary Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb ground turkey 93% lean
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 spaghetti squash around 2-2.5 lbs
- sauteed carrots, zucchini, & peas for serving
- Mix the ground turkey, onion, sea salt, garlic powder, dried rosemary, ground pepper, whole wheat flour, and egg in a large mixing bowl until evenly combined.
- Pierce the spaghetti squash with about 6 slits with a sharp knife (carefully!). Microwave on high for about 15 minutes. Start cooking the meatballs while the squash is microwaving. Beware the squash will be really hot, use towels or oven mitts to handle. Cut in half and scoop the seeds out.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and grease with avocado oil. Form golf-ball sized meatballs and place in pan. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so until evenly browned. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the pan with the meatballs.
- Scrape the insides of the squash with a fork. Spoon meatballs with marinara over the spaghetti squash. Serve with sauteed carrots, zucchini, and peas.